Author Topic: 2023  (Read 195 times)

galumay

• Administrator
  • dhunga
« on: December 31, 2023, 09:20:49 AM »
As 2023 draws to a close I am reflecting on what a great year it has been. Some major milestones, our son finished his carpentry apprenticeship, Sal had another year of clean results and continues a full recovery from breast cancer, I had a strong year of personal growth.

I read more books than I have in many years, I feel like my investment processes are very well developed now and I have a quiet conviction about them now while still displaying some level of humility! I have improved my ability to avoid being triggered, avoiding news and media.

I have become better at filtering thru two lenses, "Do I care about this enough to try to do something about it?" and if the answer is yes, then asking "Would me trying to do something have any effect?"  This has given me so much peace, tranquility & focus.

I have worked on habits and change, particularly on understanding processes to support and reasons it can be so hard. A lot of it ended up being framing, and I talked quite a bit here about that during the year.

In 2023 I also had a focus on trying harder to be the best version of me I could be, a better friend, a better father, a better lover and husband. Plenty of work for the future, but happy to have the focus!

Outside our little family in its remote paradise, 2023 has been a pretty amazing year if you think about it, incredible images from the James Webb telescope reminding us of the scale & beauty of the universe, medical b'throughs for Sickle cell, Malaria, Pancreatic cancer etc.

Also breakthroughs with experimental Fusion, positive impacts of AI in fields like Cancer detection, new insights into the human migration out of Africa, developments in synthetic biology. The list goes on, so much progress in so many fields

To close out, the best thing that happened in 2023 for me, is also the thing that most excites me about 2024! Sal finally made the announcement she was going to retire in February 2024. So when she gets home on Tuesday she has just 6 weeks until the next journey in our lives.