Author Topic: ICU  (Read 853 times)

galumay

• Administrator
  • dhunga
ICU
« on: February 24, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »
Hold ICU in both the SMSF and personal portfolio, its a small company operating in SE Asia in the mobile phone apps, payments and games space. Its had a rocky ride over the years and I made the mistake of trying to short term trade it in my personal portfolio, something I am simply no good at and must either stop doing it or learn how to be good at it! SP is very depressed from where I bought in, still believe the business can turn around.

HY 1 18 Much better report, growth has returned the business to cash flow positive and profitability.

price taker, no moat

FY 2018. A much smaller loss and FCF positive so hopefully the turnaround is underway. A make or break year for ICU for me, if they can't get to decent profitability I think I will be out.

H1 19 - From bad to worse, this is one i got wrong coming and going. It has cost me a lot of capital and I doubt I will recover any of it. Positions too big, tried to trade it, held when i should have sold. Experience, what we get when we dont get it right!

Something happened in 2020 and the price started steadily moving upwards, sold too soon in the SMSF just to get rid of them after the price had recovered quite a lot from the lows, it actually built momentum and started charging up, ended up selling in the personal portfolio for 13.5c and making a 30% profit in the end!! Something I never expected. In the end I didnt really know what the business did any more, could not see a single reason for the rise in price and figured there were homes for the capital that would let me sleep much better at night!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:13:39 PM by galumay »